*HippysThemes* Shared Themes by Hippy & Friends...(HUGS INN !!!)
A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the faithful dog walking by his side had been dead for many years. He wondered where the road was leading them.
After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.
When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch made from mother of pearl, and the street that led to the gate made from pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out.
- Excuse me, where are we?
- This is heaven, sir, the man answered.
- Really? Tell me - Would you happen to have some water? We have traveled far, the man said.
- Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.
The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
- Can my friend some in too? the man gestured toward his dog
- I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.
The man thought a moment, remembering all the years this dog remained loyal to him and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going. The dog faithfully walked by his side.
After another long walk he came to a plain dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.
As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.
- Excuse me! he called to the reader, - Do you have any water? We have traveled far.
- Yes, sure, there's a pump over there, the man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. - Come on in and help yourself.
- How about my friend here? the traveler gestured to his dog.
- There should be a bowl by the pump. He is welcome to come in.
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them.
- What do you call this place?? the traveler asked.
- This is heaven, was the answer.
- Well, that's confusing, the traveler said, - You see the man down the road at the golden gate said that was heaven, too.
- Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That´s no heaven. That's hell.
- Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?
HAPPY TRAILS MY FRIEND....